Manila Water installs water tanks for disinfection
Manila Water has installed static water tanks in various locations in Metro Manila for exclusive use for disinfection of vehicles travelling along major roads. These tanks are being utilized and maintained in coordination with the Department of Public Works and Highways – National Capital Region (DPWH-NCR).
The static tanks are installed in the following locations:
- Ortigas Avenue extension/SM East in Cainta, Rizal
- C5 Road near Centennial Village in Taguig City
- J.P. Rizal Street at the Marikina City-San Mateo, Rizal boundary
- Marcos Highway near corner Gil Fernando Avenue in Cainta, Rizal
- San Mateo-Batasan Road in Marikina City
- Elliptical Road corner West Avenue in Quezon City.
According to DPWH-NCR Regional Director Ador Canlas, this is in response to the call to render assistance and cooperation to mitigate and eliminate the COVID-19 threat. “Together, let this public service be our small gesture of support in eliminating the COVID-19 threat,” adds Canlas.
The water used to refill these tanks already has disinfection solution ready to be used in the sanitation gantries installed by DPWH-NCR along national roads for vehicular disinfection.